How and Why to Track the Results for Your Influencer Marketing Endeavour?
With social media being the major source of traffic these days, influencer marketing has become an in thing. But, if you haven’t received any substantial ROI even after spending a good amount of money, that’s when you start doubting its potential.
However, to some extent, it can be your fault too. While you may guide your influencers before their first few campaigns and even take care of the costing, you may end up missing the budget reporting part. So, is it possible to gain a report of the influencer campaigns?
Well, yes, you can.
Accurate reporting is one of the crucial aspects of influencer marketing. You may brief your influencers, they develop some great content, it goes live on their social media platforms like YouTube or Instagram, and you come to know that the audience liked it. But, in the vast sea of the internet and among the social media brimming with people from all over the world, how would you find out the performance of your brilliantly done post?
Tracking influencer marketing should be the closing step of an influencer campaign helping to close the loop. LeadDyno is one of the leading influencer marketing tools that helps you in tracking the analytics of the posts by the influencers in real-time. As an influencer, you will be able to see the number of clicks, conversions, sales, and the commissions earned on the mobile app dashboard. This will help you find out what clicked versus what went wrong and so, you can accordingly chalk out an action plan.
Getting a Clear Vision of the Basics of Reporting
1. Find Out the Number of Followers
This is one of the easiest methods. All you need to find out is the number of followers of your influencers on their social media accounts.
- Check out the number of unique visitors your influencer records monthly on their blog
- Check the number of followers, page likes, subscribers, and the number of views for the videos on their YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn accounts
- If the influencer is on Snapchat, you may want to know the number of average views they get for their snaps within a 24 hours window. Given that Snapchat does not allow you to check other’s analytics, you will have to go to the influencer’s words
2. Find out the Reach
Once you have collected all the required data related to their following, you can add them all to get a sum that would signify the influencer’s reach. This would tell you how many people they could actually reach every time they uploaded a content. So, while you are focusing on the reach, you would also have to check what are the opportunities to see. This is another way to find out the beach where you know how many footprints or how much traffic the influencer’s post could have gathered depending on the number of followers.
Paid campaigns like the ones offered by Facebook or Twitter can increase the visibility of your sponsored content’s reach to a larger extent. You can either choose to boost your Facebook post or promote your influencer’s post or tweet to help spread it to a wider audience.
3. Determine the Number of Views and Impressions
“Reach” is how many people could have possibly seen the influencer’s post, but views and impressions will help you find out how many visitors saw the post in real.
- For a blog, you would need to know the page views of the sponsored post
- For social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube Channels you would need to know the total number of reach, views, and impressions
- For Snapchat, you would need to know the number of views on the stories posted by the influencer. Since you would not be allowed to check the Snapchat analytics of the influencer, you can ask them to send a screenshot before it expires after 24 hours
This is one of the most important parts of the influencer marketing campaign. While you must know the reach, views, and impressions received by the influencer’s content, you must also know if the audience actually took any action on your post like if they clicked the link and actually read it or converted it into sales.
As mentioned, this action is mainly in the form of clicking the link on the social media post and then reading the content or watching the complete video. This also includes clicking the referral link that takes them to the brand’s site.
Tracking influencer marketing is our goal here and so, we must track these actions to know the actual conversions. The best way to keep a check on the analytics would be to provide the influences with a unique tracking code or a referral link (just like in affiliate marketing). Engagement is usually tracked by:
- Comments, shares, and click-throughs on a blog.
- Likes, comments, shares, and clicks on social media platforms like Facebook and LinkedIn
- It’s the same on Twitter except you just need to track the “Loves” instead of “Likes”, and “RTs” instead of “Shares”
- The thumbs-up or the thumbs-down button on YouTube is also considered as engagement
- Comments and screenshots also count as engagement on Snapchat
Tracking influencer marketing is a must these days and is not a tough task either, especially since you understand the fundamentals now. Using a dynamic software like LeadDyno will ensure that you not only get connected to many other influencers in the network, but they can also track their analytics in real time such as clicks, conversions, and commissions earned for a clear insight on how their posts are actually performing. It would be equally helpful for the brand also.
Although, the observations that you make are not so useful in the long run and may mix up with other factors in the marketing blend. However, with accurate and detailed reporting it also makes it much convenient to estimate the fact if the price is actually worth it. Perhaps, you will also realize why influencer marketing is a such a big thing these days and why is important to track your marketing efforts.
Mohd Sohel Ather
Latest posts by Mohd Sohel Ather (see all)
- Different Hosting Plans Explained - August 29, 2018
- How To Start Your Own Affiliate Program Using Woocommerce Plugins? - June 21, 2018
- How and Why to Track the Results for Your Influencer Marketing Endeavour? - March 26, 2018