Why should you care Nofollow and Dofollow links?
Website page linking always helpful for improve the page ranking and increase the web traffic. Search engines robots when crawling the pages easy to move another page through page links. But sometimes it will affect your SEO ranking. So you must understand about Dofollow and Nofollow links.
What is Dofollow?
By default all links will be dofollow links. When you explain about any products or information you can make links in your page to other pages, internal or external web pages. Internal means this page links to in your website other pages, external means this will be linked to another website pages. This will helpful for search engine robots easy to move one page to another page. dofollow links helpful for increase the page rank.
Dofollow link example
<a href="signin.aspx">sign in</a>
What is No follow?
No follow links are search engine robots will not follow the links while crawling. Nofollow links do not transfer page rank to another page or websites. If you don’t like links do not follow to another page, you can mention in your links rel=”nofollow”
No follow link example
<a href="signin.aspx" rel="nofollow">sign in</a>
Which is best no follow or dofollow?
You must provide do follow links to best-ranking pages. If you promote any products such as affiliate links you must use no follow links because Google search engine and bots will be considered as spam links. So your website will be getting Google search engine penalties and affected your page rank.
You can use Dofollow links as follows:
- In your own internal pages or web sites which
- Your friends website or blogs, but you must be confidence that is trusted websites
You should use Nofollow links as follows:
- Affiliate marketing webpage
- Untrusted web pages
- Blogs comments
- Advertisement banner link
Latest posts by Jey Ganesh (see all)
- 25 Important WordPress websites Tips for improve the Performance and SEO Ranking - December 4, 2018
- How to use the LSI Keyword effectively in your Website? - October 18, 2018
- How to make HTTP to HTTPS Migration Process Properly? - October 7, 2018